TWI authorized training and examination services agent for Greece and Cyprus
The Hellenic Engineering Company in collaboration with TWI will implement on the 26th of February 2024 the training program and examinations which lead to the internationally recognized certification: BGAS-CSWIP Site Coatings Inspector.
The course will be delivered online live the first three days.
- Course will be held via Zoom, in English Language by TWI expert lecturer on 26, 27 and 28 of February (09:00-17:00)
- Practical training will be held in Perama-Athens, 29 of February (09:00-17:00)
- Exams on the 1st of March (09:00-12:00).
The Certification Scheme for Personnel (CSWIP) is a comprehensive scheme which provides for the examination and certification of individuals seeking to demonstrate their knowledge and/or competence in their field of operation. The scheme provides internationally recognised, role-specific competence for people engaged in painting, coating, welding, joining, materials integrity and inspection in manufacturing, construction, operation or repair of high integrity structures, plant or machinery. This certification offers the advantages below:
- International recognition
- Internationally recognized training system
- Qualifications which reflect the needs of the global market.
The certification holders become instantly members of an international database of specialized inspectors who can seek an international career in different operations in industry. Other than that they experience the most competitive training and specialization in the field of painting systems inspection procedures in metal fabrication. For more information with regards to the time schedule, the acceptance criteria and the application procedures please contact the Hellenic Engineering Company. Due to a limited number of places, a strict order of priority will be observed. In the following links you can review more info in relation to the certification and the possibilities that this certification offers. https://www.cswip.com/ https://www.twitraining.com/
BGAS Site Coating Inspector tasks and responsibilities
- Acting in support of the Engineer and/or Senior Pipeline Inspector on all matters relating to site coating operations.
- Assessing and measuring of environmental conditions to ensure that specification requirements are met prior to coating.
- Ensuring surface preparation and coating operations are carried out in accordance with the specification and/or approved and qualified procedures.
- Monitoring procedures used for the safe handling and disposing of materials used in coating operations, to prevent environmental contamination.
- Maintaining accurate records and compiling relevant reports.
Suitable for: Candidates with or without previous experience in site coatings inspection wishing to attain BGAS-CSWIP Approval as a Site Coatings Inspector. Suitable for individuals engaged in the inspection and coating of new and existing pipelines. This approval is very useful to welding inspectors as it can extend their working time capability on pipelines projects.
Course Content: Corrosion, specified coating conditions; surface preparation methods and standards; surface contaminants and tests for detection; coating technology; film thickness; coal tar enamels; special situations; hot applied tapes; cold applied laminate tapes; grease based tapes; self-adhesive overwrap tapes; polyethylene cladding; fillers, mastics and putties; heat shrinkable plastics; powder coatings; urethane MCLs; holiday detection; concrete coatings; internal coatings; cathodic protection; stages of pipeline construction; handling, transport and storage; pipeline surveys, health and safety; coating faults; working practices and quality.
Course Duration : 4 days plus 1 day examinations
- To understand the principles of pipeline coatings
- To understand the importance of surface preparation
- To appreciate the difficulties associated with pipeline site coating
- To understand the practical methods of testing and inspection
- To interpret the requirements of standards
- To meet the syllabus requirements for the BGAS-CSWIP Site Coatings Inspector examination
Additional Information: Candidates MUST bring:
- 2 passport sized photographs
- a valid eyesight certificate from a doctor or an optician showing satisfactory eyesight for near vision, permitting reading a minimum of Times Roman N4, or equivalent type and size letters, at not less than 300mm on a standard test chart for near vision, in at least one eye, corrected or uncorrected. Candidates for the painting inspector will be required to have had a colour perception assessment by the Ishihara 24 plate test or an equivalent.
- a completed application form and full examination fee
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: The minimum duration for industrial experience prior to or following success in the qualification examination is 1 month, showing knowledge of pipeline fabrication techniques, safe working practices, and a general understanding of coating application would be advantageous.
Training and Examination cost: 1600 Euros