HENC along with the sister company Hellenic Welding Association is the leading active training center in welding technology in Greece. Since 2014 more than 200 welders , foremen, engineers and other technical staff have participated in our unique welding seminars .
The scheduled programs typically last 20-40 hours and involve theoretical and practical training in various welding processes and welding positions. The classes are of 6-8 people and the lessons are held in the premises of HENC Monday to Friday 17:00-21:00.
They are designed for professional and amateur welders who want to specialize in a welding process and in difficult welding positions. They are also designed for professionals of other working backgrounds who want to make a career change. The programs are flexible and allow the participant to attend the specific program which best meets his needs.
At the end of the course, if a participant is interested, HENC can undertake the welders certification procedure according to ISO 9606 for the process, material and position of his/her desire.
- Flexible training programs for beginners or experienced welders
- Courses adapt to the specific needs of the market
- Oxy-fuel, and all arc welding methods in all types of materials
- Theoretical as well as Practical training
- Individual and/or specialized training
- Basic Metallurgy
- Metallurgy and weldability of steels, cast irons, non-ferrous alloys
- Heat tratments
- Mechanical and physical properties
- Mechanical tests
- Failures and cracking
- Wear and protective layers
Customised training in the premises of the intrested manufacturer
- Specific induction training for engineers and technician staff
- Retraining or continuous professional development of existing staff
- Increased workforce flexibility through multi-skilling
- Specialization in a certain welding process or material
- Health and safety awareness
- Automation of the manufacturing process and increase in productivity
- Training and specialization in the fields of Material science, welding inspection, codes and standards, welding processes and equipment, construction and welding design.
TWI authorized training and examination
Since 2013, The Welding Institute of Great Britain had a continuous and successful cooperation with Hellenic Engineering Company (HENC) in Greece. Based on this cooperation, HENC had organized four very successful CSWIP courses in Athens and in Thessaloniki. On 28th of September 2017, HENC signed an official agreement with TWI and became the TWI authorized training and examination services agent for Greece and Cyprus. Following this agreement a CSWIP Welding Inspector 3.1 (level 2) course carried out on 02/10/2017 at the new HENC training facilities and offices in the Athens district of Perama.
HENC, is very proud for this agreement with TWI, one of the best training and certification organizations in the world. HENC and TWI will carry on their close collaboration in 2018 with new CSWIP courses and other common projects, satisfying the needs of our customers.
If you have any questions regarding the training we offer, or if you would like us to adjust a programm to meet your specific needs, please contact us